“How They Grind” is one of the features in our Blog. It’s a short 20 questions that takes us into what makes them the best in their choosing field.
Once a week , we will feature an Outlier from different works of Life who are impacting new generations and are of diverse cultures across the World in the series.
We are excited to feature for the first time Mr Tahir Aslam!
Brief Profile :
Tahir Aslam is a graduate from ICSC, where he pursued his bachelors in General Sales, Merchandising & Related Marketing Operations. He also did his MBA in Marketing from ICFAI.
He has an experience in industries like Information Technology, Marketing & Advertising, Healthcare and has worked in companies like Tangence, ROI Mantra, One Touch Solutions, AdLift Marketing, etc.
Tahir has worked with fortune 500 clients and has been mentor/trainer for more than 100 starts ups until now. He is registered trainer and motivator for corporates and start-ups throughout India, Middle East and Singapore.
With more than 13 years of experience with leading digital agencies in the field of hard core Sales, international sales, Distribution Management, Channel Management, Trade Marketing, Trade Insight, direct sales, B2B sales, B2C sales, presentations for sales pitches.
Direct Marketing, Business development, brand growth, Channel Partners, Team Management, Digital Marketing, Strategic Partnerships, Strategic Planning, Operations Management, Negotiations and Budgeting.
He has about 8+ years in top management/leadership role with strong motivation to excel further in the said fields. I handle complete P&L account of the departments and always have been in profit margins.
After working with fortune 500 companies on leadership roles he decided to start something of his own. He is currently the Chief Executive Officer/ Managing Partner of MnM Wellness LLP in India .
Here in his own words is how he grinds it. Enjoy!
- Location : New Delhi, India
- Number of unread emails right now? 20
- How many hours sleep do you get and when? 3 to 4 Hours. Mostly at night.
- First app checked in the morning? – Mailbox.
- First thing you do when you come into work? Review Meetings, day schedules and Mailbox.
- What is your email management strategy? I read every mail and acknowledge.
- Most essential app when traveling? LinkedIn and Whats App
- How do you keep yourself relax or focused? I Pray, exercise
- What’s your perspective or approach to work/life balance? I always make sure I spend time with my family. On weekends if there is no schedule I take my family out for outing. I think this is very important as being with family is the only beautiful thing to have in life.
- Are there any work rituals critical to your success? People around you who will always tell you this is impossible.
- What apps/software/tools can you not live without? LinkedIn, Whats App, FitBit
- What’s your workspace like? –
- What book you currently reading? The Prophet by Khalil Gibran
- Last thing you do before leaving work? – Shake hands with my team and wish them luck.
- Who are some mentors or influencers you wish to thank or acknowledge? Some of my old managers.
Malala Yousafzai, Bill Gates.
- Name some supportive people who help make it possible to do what you do best?
My Wife and My mother
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
What ever you are in give your best.
- Name favorites pleasure TV show : Mad Men
- Anything else you want to add?
- Fill in the Blank: I’d love to see – Arjun to answer these questions.